For up to date information on COVID-19, please visit the links below:
Self Isolation Rules effective from 11.59pm,
15 February, 2022:
HOW LONG YOU NEED TO ISOLATE FOR
If you are positive for COVID-19
You will need to isolate for at least 10 days while you recover from COVID-19.
If you live with a person who has COVID-19
If you live with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, you will need to immediately self-isolate for 10 days from the day the positive case gets their test result.
You will need to get tested on day 3 and day 8 of your self-isolation period.
You can end your self-isolation on the same day as the first person with COVID-19 in the household, provided you have no new or worsening symptoms and your tests are negative.
If tests are positive, you need to continue to self-isolate for another 10 days.
If you are a Close Contact
You need to self-isolate from others for 7 days from your last contact with the person who was positive for COVID-19. If you test positive for COVID-19 during the 7 days, you will need to self-isolate for longer.
You will need to get tested on day 5 after you were exposed to the person with COVID-19 or if you develop symptoms.
You can end your self-isolation after 7 days, provided you have no new or worsening symptoms and your day 5 test is negative.
If you are a critical worker and a Close Contact
If you are a critical worker and a Close Contact, you will still be able to go to work providing you do not have symptoms and have a negative Rapid Antigen Test before going to work. Your employer will let you know if this applies to you.
Guidance on Mandatory Record-Keeping
Traffic light settings
- All of New Zealand remains in the Red traffic light settings
- Red traffic light settings can be found here = Life at Red | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
- Guidance Link
- How to display your QR code poster (Download)
- Tip Sheet - Protect yourself and your whanau (Download)
- Isolating at home (Download)
- Is your household COVID-19 ready (Download)
- Contact tracing cut-out& staple sheet for ballot boxes (Download)
- COVID-19-Contact-tracing-register-individual-ballot-entries (Download)
- Ministry of Health (Link for FAQ)